- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
I love making brownies, they are really easy to make and taste great. I have tried this with so many different types of chocolate, dark, milk, plain, expensive or own brands and you know what, i don’t think it matters what type you use, they all taste great.
Northamptonshire, England, UK
18 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 18 portions
- 250g chopped chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, cubed
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:20min cooling › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 3, and line a baking tin with a piece of baking parchement.
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl heat the chopped butter and dark chocolate on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until blended. You may need a further 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly so that you do not cook the eggs when you add them.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar with the eggs, using a whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate to the whisked eggs, add the vanilla extract and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Now sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix well, you can now add any extra dry ingredients that you fancy adding.
- Using a spatula scrape the lovely chocolate mixture into the baking tin.
- Put the tin in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, you can check the brownies by pushing in a cocktail stick or knife in the middle of the mix and when pulled out you should see some of the mix still sticking to the stick or knife. Just don’t overcook the mix or it becomes very dry.
- Take the brownies out of the oven, and let the tin stand on a wire rack until it has cooled down. Once cool take the brownies out and cut into squares and decorate.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (3)
I a m doing GCSE food tech and this recipe sounds great!!! Very clearly written. Definitely going to make this for my Easter product!!-25 Mar 2014
Great recipe! Never made brownies before and this was soooo easy.Very taste and enjoyed by all the family ! Instruction were spot on.-30 Jan 2014
my 10 year old son wanted to get cooking and fancied some brownies. He found this recipe and we started cooking it together. Very easy to make and best of all, turned out FAB!! I've made brownies before and they've never turned out well but the cook time was just perfect for lovely, fudgy brownies. Thanks for posting, we'll defo be making more of these!-10 Apr 2013