- Dish type
- Salad dressing
A lovely vinaigrette is combined with cranberries, toasted pecans, red onion and feta cheese. This is a special salad that is especially nice during the festive season.
102 people made this
- 110g pecan nut halves
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 325g mixed salad greens
- 90g dried cranberries
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 110g crumbled feta cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Spread pecans evenly on a baking tray. Toast for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; mix until sugar and salt dissolve. Whisk in olive oil.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the greens, cranberries, pecans, onions and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(109)
Reviews in English (84)
by Susan Olthof
I made this delicious salad 3 times in the past week, once for 50 people, once for 20 people, and once for my family. To a person, they all raved about it, and I had MANY requests for the recipe. I did coarsely chop the pecans to make them more evenly distributed in the salad. Even my 20 month old granddaughter couldn't get enough!-10 Dec 2005
A nice easy but delicious green salad! I followed the advice of other reviews and tossed the pecans with some butter and brown sugar in a pan. I used a raspberry vinegar that I made and didn't find it to be bitter at all. I also only used 4 tbsp of olive oil and added a splash of lemon juice. I will definately be making this one again!-17 Jan 2008
This was an absolutely delicious salad. I had many requests for this recipe at the pot luck I brought it to. If I could have given more stars, I would have. On a side note, I don't believe reviewers should knock a recipe down because "of the high fat content". If that were the case, all pastry,cookie,salad dressings etc would have to be downgraded. We don't need nutrition police in the reviews, we are perfectly capable of checking out the nutritional guide ourselves. Now I will step down from my soapbox :-)-25 Dec 2008